Anomalistic Psychology Predictions June 2016
My last predictions – I mean it this time! ;)
I want to wrap up with my last set of predictions with Anomalistic psychology for the June 2016 exams. As I always say learn everything to be safe and these predictions are by no means guaranteed to come up – merely my thoughts and opinions on what I would prep for and expect the most going into the exam. Learning only a handful of essays based on my predictions is suicide and a massive gamble so don’t do it.
Download A* model essays for A level Psychology
I didn’t cover Anomalistic psychology with an ebook unfortunately but I do have all the others covered if you need help. You can find them by clicking the tab at the top that says A* model essay textbooks. They cover all the possible questions for their respective topics with A* model essay answers to help you reach the top banding. If you need them they are there to help you.
To access the predictions, help support Loopa by hitting the LIKE button (while logged into Facebook) to unlock the table and predictions below – if it doesn’t work straight away just hit LIKE/UNLIKE and then LIKE again while waiting a second or two between presses- sometimes it takes a few tries.
Anomalistic Psychology Predictions June 2016You have a total of 12 possible questions you can be asked in this topic – Although I love Media psychology personally, this is another topic teachers often enjoy teaching.
We have a few possibilities with some more overdue than others. I’ll list them in order of what I think can come up – just remember however you are not going to get a single full 24 mark essay for this but usually 2 or 3 questions broken down. With this in mind I’m going to give you a selection that I would personally focus on revising the most as they are overdue:
- Explanations for magical thinking – This has only ever appeared once as a 10 marker 3 exam windows ago. Its a possibility in my eyes.
- Pseudoscience and parapsychology – Appeared once only as a 4 marker way back in January 2013. Again its so overdue it’s another possibility.
- The role of coincidence and or The role of probability judgements – These have usually come up as broad questions but I know they can come up alone too usually as a smaller one (in June 2012 it was a 4 marker as a single question). They did appear in the replacement paper PSYA4R last year but my gut is telling me to ignore that for this one. It didn’t appear in the main exam paper which many sat so I’m going to say it’s a possibility.
- Psychic Healing explanations / Psychic Mediumship explanations – both can come up as 10 markers individually and they haven’t appeared in 2-3 exam windows ( not even in the replacement paper) – I would say psychic mediumship explanations is more overdue but either can appear at this point.
- Explanations for superstitious behaviour – appeared as a 4 marker only in June 2014. The last of the ones I would revise as similarly with the others which have appeared only once – its probably overdue an appearance as a bigger question. I think the others are more likely but this shouldn’t be discounted.
This has narrowed it down to 7 essays out of 12 (almost half) that I would give the most focus to. If I tried to narrow it down any further it would be too risky so these are the ones I would focus on prepping the most out of all my 12 essays. Hopefully this makes it a little easier for you.
So those are my thoughts – what do you think? While your here why not be awesome and follow me on twitter or subscribe to me on Youtube and get more revision help with your psychology course. You can also join over 13k (thousand) students and teachers on the Loopa facebook page here: www.Facebook.com/aqapsychology