Psychology A2 AQA A Psya3 Cognition And Development Predictions June 2014
The last of my Psya3 predictions for the possible questions that may come up this June 2014. We move to the Cognition and development topic for Psya3. As always revise everything – these are educated guesses based on the pattern of past questions that have come up and by no means guaranteed to come up.
If you’re doing any of the other topics for Psya3 such as Aggression, Sleep And Biological Rhythms or Relationships you can get my books on them here. They have my model essay answers for every possible question in the topic that got me 100% in the Psya3 topic. If You need help with Psya4 and the Schizophrenia or Media Psychology topic – You can get my books on them here. They too have the essays that got me 100% (100 ums) for Psya4.
Right on to my predictions:
My Psya3 AQA A Psychology Cognition And Development Predictions For June 2014
Above is an extract for the AQA Psychology 2014 Specification itself. This section is taken from the Cognition and Development section and outlines all the possible topics the questions can be asked on. We then break this down to see what questions have come up, when and how much they were worth in terms of marks using my predictions table below.
Cognition And Development June 2014 Predictions Table
Looking at this table I’ve highlighted the questions that haven’t come up. From left to right you see a red bar for each question – The longer it is the greater the length of time since it last appeared over the last 4 papers. Clearly we have some possible questions that haven’t appeared in a while. These are:
- Kohlberg’s Theory Of Moral Understanding – Hasn’t appeared in the last 4 papers; last appeared in June 2011 and it wasn’t a full question.
- Biological Explanations Of Social Cognition – Also hasn’t appeared in the last 4 papers or ever. This is a strong likelihood in my book.
- Development Of A Child’s Understanding Of Others – Last appeared in January 2012. Other questions have come up more recently than this one.
I think theres also an outside chance of these two coming up:
- Applications of cognitive development theories into education
- Development of a child’s sense of self
They came up as two separate 12 markers in January 2013 and if AQA wanted to throw you a curveball its quite possible they could ask them again but as full essay questions this time.
Those are my predictions for Psya3 Cognition and Development for this June 2014 – What do you guys think?