It’s that time of year again where I make my predictions. For AQA psychology students sitting (or I should say re-taking) the old specification and the PSYA1 exam in 2017 you may find this post helpful. These predictions are not for students studying the new specification exam! – You can find the new spec predictions here for unit 1! First up – a disclaimer:
These predictions are merely my opinion on what I think may come up. I’ve been making predictions for years, I generally have a good track record but it’s not an exact science. Do not rely purely on my predictions because they can be wrong. You need to listen to your teachers and learn everything – the point of these predictions is just simply to highlight my own opinion what I would personally focus more on.
Download PSYA1 Model essay Answers Here.
If you’re retaking PSYA1 then 2017 is the last chance you have to re-sit these exams because after this exam window, the old specification will be completely phased out. This means that if you want to improve your psychology grade after this point you need to study the new specification from scratch – so it’s pretty important you nail your retake this time and you will need all the help you can get – I would highly recommend checking out my PSYA1 ebook (click the image on the right) as it covers all the topics and essays you can be asked and gives you proven A grade model essay answers you can use for your studies.
PSYA1 2017 Predictions
(click the like button to unlock my predictions! – it’s a fair trade! :)
Looking at this table we can see two big questions came up in 2016 – a twelve marker on institutionalisation and an 8 marker on eyewitness testimony. There’s also quite a few topics that are sticking out in terms of what hasn’t come up in a while so let’s take a look at them:
- The multi-store memory model – only a 6 marker has come up in 2015 and nothing really prior to that.
- The working memory model – again 4 markers have recently come up for this one too and the last time a fairly big question on it came up was in 2012 which was worth 8 marks.
- Cultural variations in attachment – this came up as a 12 marker in 2013 and really threw a lot of people off as it wasn’t really expected. It’s been 3 exam windows since we’ve had anything meaningful on it so it’s one on my list.
- How research into attachment has influenced childcare practices – hasn’t ever come up as a 12 marker and although I hate this topic with a passion and think it is very out of place in the specification – you may as well prepare for some type of question on this as it’s only ever had a 4 marker in 6 exam windows!
- The impact of daycare on aggression and peer relations – in theory this should be less likely than the question above but we had had a 12 marker on it previously which means it can definitely come up again at some point. It’s also been quiet for 2 exam windows and we’ve only had 4 markers prior to that.
- The cognitive interview – its been 3 exam windows since we’ve had a question on it. It can’t be a full 12 marker but I’m mentioning it because I think even a small question on it is probably a little overdue now.
I’ve hopefully narrowed down your revision in terms of what I would focus more on personally – We’ve got about 5 main topics to focus on (cognitive interview can’t be a full essay but can be a potential 6ish marker so it’s definitely worth preparing for)
So those are my thoughts – What are yours? Post them below or why not follow me on my Facebook page, subscribe to my Youtube channel (for loads of videos and help) or give me a shout on twitter!