Next up is my PSYA2 predictions for 2017. Just to clarify this is for students retaking the old AQA psychology specification which has the final sets of exams this coming May/June. If you don’t know, this will be your last chance to retake these exams as after this point, if you wish to improve your psychology grade you will need to learn the new specification from scratch and sit all the exams for that from the beginning!
Disclaimer: When it comes to my predictions I’m merely sharing my thoughts/opinions on what I think may be coming up for the exams. Sure I have a decent track record but I can be wrong too. You would be silly to go into an exam revising only my predictions so as your teacher always no doubt tells you – revise everything.
Get help for PSYA2
If you are retaking this exam then I would highly recommend you check out my model essay answers for PSYA2 by clicking the image on the right here (it’s an instant download after checkout). This covers all the possible essay questions and topics you can be asked and has been used by thousands of students to smash their PSYA2 exam. This will be the last opportunity to try and sit these exams so it’s best to get all the help you can get to do well this time round as there are no second chances after this for retakes!
PSYA2 2017 Predictions For AQA AS Psychology
Hit the LIKE button to unlock these predictions! (its a fair trade! :)
I’ve updated the table above with the significant questions that came up in the 2016 exam. I just want to make it clear for the record that I’ve always hated doing predictions for PSYA2 as I’ve found it generally more trickier than PSYA1. Looking at this table there is a few topics (8) I would personally be focusing more attention on and this should help you halve your focus area over the entire area. This doesnt mean you don’t revise the other topics but personally I would focus more on the ones that are overdue below. If the mentioned topics below do not come up as a full 12 marker then I would expect them to come up in some form, possibly 4-8 markers too so preparing for them should hopefully not be in vain and still help you steal marks.
- Stress related illness and the immune system – Nothing has appeared on it for 2 exams and when it did appear it was only a 4 marker. Prior to this 4 marker question again there’s nothing. Its probably wise to go in preparing for this.
- Workplace stress including the effects of workload and control – Its never had a 12 marker, only 6 and 4 markers and my gut tells me this is a possibility. It never came up in the last exam and I think this one may come up in some form even if its not a full essay which appears overdue.
- Biological methods of stress management – I would definitely prepare for this one. The last time a full 12 marker essay came up was in 2012 so we know it’s definitely possible and nothing for it has come in 2 exam windows.
- Conformity/explanations of why people conform – I would expect an essay on this for similar reasons as above. Nothing has come up for this topic in 4 exam windows and the last time a 12 marker came up was in June 2012.
- Explanations of independent behaviour including locus of control, how people resist pressures to conform and obey – The last time a 12 marker for this came up was in June 2011. It’s had small 4 markers and even an 8 marker back in 2013 but its a possibility for a full essay in my eyes too considering how overdue this is.
- The psychodynamic approach to psychopathology – It’s only ever had a 6 marker 3 exam windows ago and thats it – zilch prior to that.
- The cognitive approach to psychopathology – Nothing on it has appeared in 3 exam windows and prior to that it came up as an 8 marker. Before that again there was nothing so I would expect something on it if not a full essay.
- Psychological therapy: Cognitive behavioural therapy – A bit of an outsider chance but nothing in 2 exam windows and prior to that its only ever come up as 4 markers twice.
So these are my thoughts on what I would give more focus on – what are your thoughts? Drop a comment below and let me know!