AQA Psychology Psya2 Possible 8-12 Mark Questions & Model Essay Answers
Below is a copy of the specification for the AQA Psychology Psya2 paper. The extract below outlines exactly what can be asked as possible Psya2 12 mark questions within exam. If it isn’t listed below it won’t be in the exam.
Our job now is to break this down further into possible 12 mark essay questions. I’ve done this for you here:
- Stress-related illness and the immune system
- Life changes and daily hassles as sources of stress
- Workplace stress including the effects of workload and control
- Personality factors including Type A and Type B behaviour, Hardiness
- Psychological and biological methods of stress management including stress inoculation therapy and drug therapy.
- Conformity (majority influence) and explanations of why people conform including informational social influence and normative social influence.
- Types of conformity, including internalisation and compliance.
- Obedience to authority, including Milgrams work and explanations of why people obey
- Explanations of Independent behaviour, including locus of control, how people resist pressures to conform and resist pressures to obey authority.
- How social influence research helps us to understand social change, the role of minority influence in social change
- Definitions of abnormality, including deviation from social norms, failure to function adequately and deviation from ideal mental health and limitations of these definitions of psychological abnormality.
- The biological approach to Psychopathology
- Psychological approaches to Psychopathology including the Psychodynamic, behavioral and cognitive approaches.
- Biological therapies including drugs and ECT
- Psychological therapies including Psychoanalysis, Systematic Desensitisation, and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
So theres a lot of possible 12 mark questions you need to know. Your task should ideally then be to learn possible 12 mark essay answers for each of the possible 12 mark questions in Psya2. If the question is asked you then have a model essay answer that can score you into the top banding that you simply recite and write down in your exam.
Now I know what you’re thinking; It can be tough remembering all of them right? Well no not really and here’s why; You will be asked a combination of small questions to bigger questions that may be 6-10 markers all based on the sections listed above. Only one however will be a 12 mark essay question in Psya2. For all the essays you don’t get asked you will definitely be asked them as smaller questions in one form or another. If you have memorised them in full as essay answers then you will know everything there is to know about them and answering a smaller version of it shouldn’t be too difficult. This would in fact prepare you very well for the whole exam.
To help you out and make life immensely easier this is where my Psya2 revision book comes in. It covers every single possible essay question ranging from 8 markers to 12 mark questions that can be asked above. You can simply tinker it and alter it to your liking and use them to form your own 12 mark essay answers much more easily.
You can also begin to narrow down your scope of possible 12 mark questions for Psya2 by looking at the past questions for Psya2 here.
You can check which questions have come up recently as 12 markers and usually write them off as unlikely to come up. Then try look at the questions that have not appeared for a while; they would be the ones to focus your efforts towards.