AQA A Psychology Psya4 Addiction June 2014 Predictions
I know a lot of you guys have been bugging me for this one so here it is – My predictions for the AQA Psychology Psya4 Addiction topic for this June 2014. I have looked at the past questions and the pattern in which they have come up to determine these predictions however always be sure to learn everything – I cant stress this enough, just to cover yourself.
An overview of the AQA A Psychology Psya4 Addiction Possible Questions
This is taken from the AQA Psychology specification itself for the Psya4 Addiction topic and outlines all the possible questions that can be asked for Addictive behaviours. We break this down using my predictions table and look at the past questions that have come up, when and how the marks have been split.
My AQA Psychology Psya4 Addiction June 2014 Predictions
Looking at this theres a few I would look at myself based on the fact that they haven’t come up. Again however its pretty obvious that AQA don’t mind asking a question twice consecutively and I usually rule out recent questions as possibilities to narrow down my focus so this may be problematic. Regardless there’s still a couple I would give extra attention to.
Remember you’re usually asked numerous questions in this topic, not a single question or even two. Its highly likely you will be asked 3 questions all broken down into different mark attributions but one or two will score the majority of your marks. It is for this reason I have given you more questions to focus on because more questions can actually be asked.
- The biological approach applied to smoking/gambling – This hasn’t appeared since January 2012 and is more overdue than the others which have all come up in some form and more recently.
- The cognitive approach applied to smoking/gambling – A possibility since it last appeared in June 2012 and no other prior appearances.
- Media Influences on addictive behaviour – This last appeared in June 2012 and it was only a 4 mark question so I wouldn’t be surprised if it reappears again in some form now, possibly bigger.
- The theory of planned behaviour – although it appeared in the last exam, it was only a 4 mark question and it has never appeared before that in the last 3 exams prior. If AQA wanted to ask the same question twice consecutively this one is a possibility in my books.
- Psychological Interventions – It has appeared twice previously but my gut is telling me those two times were long ago enough to warrant it reappearing in some form.
Those are my Psya4 Addiction predictions – what do you think?
Those are my predictions done for addiction, let me know your thoughts by posting below,