Below I cover the AQA psychology unit 1 AS and A level past questions for 7181 (AS) and 7182 (A level). This focuses mostly on the medium to big essay style past questions that have come up so were looking at anything ranging from 6-12 marks for AS psychology (7181) and 6-16 marks for A level psychology (7182).
This list of AS / A level psychology questions will be updated every year to reflect the exams as they occur. For additional help at answering these questions you can download my ebook on the right which has helped thousands of students like yourself master AS and A level psychology with model essay answers.
AS Psychology Unit 1 7181 May 2016 Past Questions
- Outline Asch’s findings in relation to two variables affecting conformity. Briefly explain two limitations of Asch’s conformity research. (8 marks)
Annie can still skateboard even though she hasn’t skated for many years. Germaine can still recall what happened on his first day at university even though it was ages ago. Billy remembers the names of the tools he needs to repair the broken tap.
- Identify three types of long-term memory and explain how each type is shown in one of the examples above. (6 marks).
- Discuss what psychological research has shown about working memory. In your answer, refer to theory and/or evidence. (12 marks).
Abi had a happy, secure childhood with parents who loved her very much. She now has two children of her own and loves them very much too. The two children make friends easily and are confident and trusting.
- Referring to Abi and her family, explain what psychologists have discovered about the internal working model. (6 marks).
- Discuss the Strange Situation as a way of assessing type of attachment (12 marks).