AS Psychology – Psya1 Predictions – May 11th 2015
First things first – My AS psychology predictions record isn’t great. I tend to be better at A2 predictions because there is simply too many possible variations at AS. My goal here is to try and direct you towards questions that haven’t made an appearance in a while that may be more likely to appear based on the single assumption that AQA will try and keep the questions varied (rather than repeat any). This doesn’t always hold true and they do sometimes repeat the same question in back to back exam windows. In short – don’t throw a hissy fit if I get these wrong – they are merely guesstimates like I do every year. Disclaimer out the way – lets take a look at the possible list of questions – If you’re struggling with Psya1 revision be sure to check out my model essay answers for Psya1 here which will cover you for all these possible questions (You can click the image too for the ebook)
Possible 12 markers that can come up
- The Multi-store memory model
- The working memory model
- EWT: (Misleading information, Anxiety or Age)
- The Cognitive Interview (Improving accuracy of EWT)
- Strategies for memory improvement
- Learning Explanations for attachment
- Bowlby’s theory of attachment
- Type’s of attachment
- Ainsworth’s strange situation
- Cultural variations in attachment
- Disruption of attachment (Privation or Institutional care)
- The impact of daycare (Aggression or Peer relations)
- How research into attachment has influenced childcare practices
Based on the pattern of past questions and general material available in textbooks; I don’t believe all of these can come up as 12 markers (this is just my opinion). I have highlighted in blue which have historically only ever been 8 markers and never 12 markers. Here’s a table of when each has come up and for how many marks:
My Psya1 Predictions For May 2015
Theres 5 main essay questions I would personally focus and keep an eye out for with some more likely than others based on my predictions.
- The multi-store memory model is long over-due according to this table last turning up in January 2012. One to watch and the front-runner in my eyes.
- The working memory model hasn’t come up as a proper 12 marker in a while although has made an appearance every year as a 4 marker, 6 marker and even an 8 marker for 5 consecutive papers. Its possible too but less likely than the Multi-store memory model in my opinion.
- How research into attachment has influenced childcare practices – Its only ever come up as a 4 marker and although I’m not entirely convinced it can be a 12 marker (due to lack of material) I would keep an eye out for this.
- The impact of daycare (on either aggression or peer relations)
- Disruption of attachment (I would bet institutional is more likely than privation).
Smaller questions that could come up as 6-8 markers:
- Bowlby’s theory of attachment – hasn’t come up bigger than a 4 marker since June 2012 – It has come up as a 8 marker and 6 marker prior with a long gap since the last paper so I would bet its overdue an appearance, either as a 6 or 8 marker.
- Expect a question on types of attachment such as secure, insecure and avoidant – brush up on these definitions.
So these are my Psya1 May 2015 predictions. As always – revise everything just to be safe and don’t solely count on these as they could be way off too.
My Psya2 predictions will come next week with my A2 ones following after that – spread the word.
Saj – Loopa.co.uk