PSYA2 Predictions May 2016 For AS Psychology
Next up for my predictions, we have PSYA2. Again just to remind you, this is for AQA AS psychology students who are retaking their exams in May 2016 and not for new AS students who are studying from September 2015.
Secondly apologies about the delay in releasing my predictions – I have been really ill for about 5 weeks with one illness after another and it’s really taken its toll on me; I hope to release the remaining predictions over the coming weeks with me moving on to A2 next for retake students (PSYA3 and PSYA4)
As I always say; do not solely rely on these predictions as they are merely to try and guide your focus in your revision. These predictions are not guaranteed to come up but merely my opinion on what I think is overdue and likely.
Ok disclaimer out the way let’s get into this! – Just hit the LIKE button to UNLOCK my predictions below and join our study group on facebook!
Get A* essays for PSYA2
If you’re retaking this exam then you need all the help you can get. You can download A-grade essays for PSYA2 by clicking the image on the right.
PSYA2 Predictions Table For May 2016
This is really tricky to call but there is a few topics and questions I would specifically look to revise more than others – as always learn everything to be safe but we can see some questions which haven’t made an appearance in a while or at all to consider as likely to appear in some form:
- Stress related illness and the immune system – This only appeared as a 4 marker in May 2014 and has been pretty quiet even prior.
- Methods of stress management – Last appeared way back in January 2012 and it allowed you to discuss either psychological or biological methods. I would prepare this to come up in some form, either specified or another general question is possible.
- Conformity (majority influence) and explanations of why people conform (social influence/normative social influence) – nothings appeared on this in 3 exam windows and it has been a 8 marker and even a 12 marker prior. Perhaps it’s due an appearance even if it isnt a full essay?
- Obedience to authority including Milgram and why people obey – Appeared way back in June 2012 over 4 exam windows ago and quiet for the last 3 exams with nothing since.
- The biological approach to psychopathology: has never appeared as a full essay or for the last 4 exam windows. The behavioural approach has appeared as a 12 marker, the psychodynamic approach as a 6 marker…so this one is kind of overdue in some form. I’m not sure if it can be a full 12 marker but if the behavioural approach can be (and it was in January 2013), this one should in theory be possibly too. Just prepare for it to be safe just incase it comes up as a smaller question.
- Psychological therapies – Have never appeared as a 12 marker and in the last exam window we saw biological therapies come up as a 12 marker in the form of a “discuss” type question. It stands to reason you could probably get a similar question with these psychological therapies too – If you can’t learn all 3 learn at least 2 incase the question is a plural (meaning it asks for more than one – notice how a question asks for “explanations – notice the S at the end; this means two!)
So those are my thoughts on whats likely to come up for the PSYA2 2016 AS psychology exams! – what are your thoughts? Comment below.
A2 and PSYA3 and PSYA4 are next – sit tight.
If this helped be sure to Like, follow or subscribe to get more revision help with your psychology course.
Also – another great revision site to check out, especially for all the students looking to go to university next year is WhatUni.com – You can find prospective universities, learn about upcoming open days and find courses you can study too (and much more!)