Media Psychology June 2016 Predictions PSYA4
My Media psychology predictions are up next for PSYA4 and the June 2016 exams. Along with Schizophrenia for PSYA4 this was one of my my two favourite topics to study out of them all. I found this incredibly easy to pick up and learn as the essays flowed fairly easy much more nicer too.
Firstly as I always say – learn everything to be safe; this topic is easy enough that you should be able to pick it all up, its not rocket science. If you are not studying this topic and are doing another topic instead, for example Addiction – I would highly recommend you do this one as all the others are much harder. Media psychology is the easiest topic you can study for section B, trust me.
I mentioned this in my other post too but there were two versions of PSYA4 sat last year – PSYA4 and PSYA4R – why? Last year the AQA van carrying the exam papers for the PSYA4 exam was stolen a week before the exams – this pretty much screwed things up for schools across the country as AQA had to work fast to send a replacement paper out – but unfortunately this couldn’t reach everyone on time so most schools sat the original stolen paper known as PSYA4 while other schools who could be reached sat a replacement paper known as PSYA4R. So this may screw things up for us with my predictions or it may make things easy – It’s hard to know for certain how AQA will roll out the questions as its forced a change and they could in theory repeat questions. I’m going to assume they won’t however.
Download A* grade essays for Media psychology here
If you are studying this topic then I highly recommend my media psychology ebook which you can download instantly by clicking the image on the right. It has A* grade essays for all the possible questions and is the same essays I used to score 100 UMS in this paper. Every single possible question is covered for you to source from and use for your own essays. Questions in this section will not be full essays but will be only around 10-12 marks max and usually you get them split into 2 or 3 different questions (never a single big essay). So you have to remember smaller essays (piece of cake).
My Predictions For Media Psychology June 2016
To access the predictions, help support Loopa by hitting the LIKE button (while logged into Facebook) to unlock the table and predictions below – if it doesn’t work straight away just hit LIKE/UNLIKE and then LIKE again while waiting a second or two between presses- sometimes it takes a few tries.
Heres my predictions table below:
As I said, there were two versions of PSYA4 sat last year and the replacement paper questions are in red for last years exams (June 2015 in this table).
I’ve got a few favourites here that are popping out at me, last year there were 4 questions asked so it seems they will split the questions even more from the standard 3 we’ve been use to. Heres my thoughts on what to prepare for and I want to give you a handful considering they may ask up to 4 questions:
- Media influences on pro-social behaviour. Hasn’t appeared in 3 exam windows so it’s definitely worth focusing on. Not as overdue as a few others but my gut says they may throw a variation of this at you.
- The negative effects of video-games. Only had a 4 marker last exam window – I think a bigger one is definitely possible, especially considering they have asked a 10 marker on the positive effects of video games back in June 2013. Prior to the 4 marker that came up last year its been really quiet – look at the table – it wasn’t asked in 6 exam windows prior! thats a huge amount of time and then throwing only a 4 marker? No – I would definitely prep a bigger essay for this.
- The Hovland-yale model and its application – 3 exam windows since it last appeared and then 2 before that. You’re likely going to get a scenario and they may want you to explain how you can apply the Hovland-Yale model to it – If this does happen remember not to just talk about the hovland-yale model but APPLY IT to the scenario – you wont score anything otherwise. Prep this.
- Psychological explanations for the attraction of celebrity. One of my frontrunners. Hasn’t appeared…ever according to this? Is that right? Jesus H christ. If you go into the exam not prepping for this you’re an idiot and might as well apply for that job in McDonalds. BTW – no offence to anyone that works in Maccy’D’s – it’s a noble job.
- The positive effects of video games – Less likely than the others above but I would prep for it just incase too as my outsider chance.
More PSYA3 topics are coming next – sit tight and hit like!….(ha that rhymes)!