The New AQA A Psychology Specification Broken Down For AS/A Level (2016 onwards)
Update – The website has been updated to reflect the new spec – simply click the tab at the top (resources) and it will take you to an update page covering everything in more detail.
The new AQA Psychology specification is around the corner with AS changing first. The specification is confusing to understand and navigating it’s pages takes ages so I’ve broken it all down for students and teachers so you know exactly what you need to. There is a simple table below which breaks this down – If this table helps please link to this page or Loopa.co.uk on your school website so all students can benefit should they wish to understand the new changes and gain revision help.
To use this video/image please place a citation link to: www.loopa.co.uk on your psychology subject page.
AS Psychology 2016 Overview
The first changes will affect the AS exam papers. There will be two papers just as there is now with much of the same material still relevant however their structure has changed over the two papers.
AS / A Level Psychology Paper 1 Overview
- Social Influence
- Psychopathology (A Level Only)
AS / A Level Psychology Paper 2 Overview
- Approaches in psychology
- Psychopathology (AS Students)
- Research methods
- Biopsychology (A Level Only)
A Level Psychology Paper 3 Overview
- Section A: Issues and debates in psychology (This is mandatory for all A level students)
- Section B: Pick one to study from: Relationships, Gender Or Cognition and Development
- Section C: Pick one to study from: Schizophrenia, Eating Behaviour Or Stress
- Section D: Pick one to study from: Aggression, Forensic Psychology Or Addiction.