This ebook covers the Gender topic in the AQA psychology unit 3 exam for A level students who are studying the full A level.
Gender Unit 3 Fully Covered.
You will be studying Gender as part of your paper 3 exam for AQA psychology. You will have also chosen two other topics to study and answer potential essay questions on. If you haven’t decided what your other two topics are yet then I recommend Schizophrenia and Aggression personally but ultimately choose which psychology topics you find the easiest.
Within Gender there will be a range of sub-topics you need to learn all of which can be worth up to 16 marks in total as possible essay questions. This ebook covers them all and gives you all the possible essay questions and presents to you model essay answers. Everything is split between theory and evaluation for you to easily take out the points you may want to use for your own essays.
This Gender ebook covers all the gender subtopics you need to know with the following model answers:
- Sex and gender. Sex role stereotypes. Androgyny and measuring androgyny including the Bem Sex Role Inventory.
- The role of chromosomes and hormones (testosterone, oestrogen, and oxytocin) in sex and gender. Atypical sex chromosome patterns; Klinefelter’s syndrome and Turners syndrome.
- Cognitive explanations of gender development: Kohlberg’s theory of cognitive development.
- Cognitive explanations of gender development: Gender Schema theory.
- The psychodynamic explanation of gender development: Freud’s psychoanalytic theory.
- Social learning theory as applied to gender development.
- The influence of culture and media on gender roles.
- Atypical gender development: Gender identity disorder and biological and social explanations for gender identity disorder.
This is an ebook that becomes available to download and print instantly upon purchase – no waiting required. After checkout you will see links to download all your purchased resources within your account screen. An account for you is automatically created using your email address at the end of checkout should you ever wish to re-download your purchased ebooks.