AQA Psychology : Schizophrenia Model Essay Answers For Unit 3 (7182)
If you’re moving on to study or teach A level and into the second year of AQA psychology you will be doing unit 3 too as well as modified versions units 1 and 2 again. As part of unit 3 you will be given a selection of 9 possible topics and you will pick and study 3 of them – Schizophrenia is one of your possible choices and personally one of my favourites because its so damn easy.
This ebook covers the unit 3 schizophrenia topic completely following the specification exactly and is ideal for all students and teachers. You will be asked essay questions and this ebook covers every single possible question you can be asked and gives you A* model essays for every single one to get you into the top band. This ebook will save you literally months from having to create your own essays from scratch as everything is broken down nicely between theory (ao1) and evaluation (ao3) for you to source from for your own essays. This is a really useful revision pack for classroom learning too for teachers to use to supplement any notes they may have taken in class.
Every possible essay is covered including:
- The classification of schizophrenia.
- Positive symptoms of schizophrenia including hallucinations and delusions.
- Negative symptoms of schizophrenia including speech poverty and avolition.
- Reliability and validity in diagnosis and classification of schizophrenia including reference to co-morbidity, culture and gender bias and symptom overlap.
- Biological explanations for schizophrenia: genetics, the dopamine hypothesis and neural correlates.
- Psychological explanations for schizophrenia: family dysfunction and cognitive explanations including dysfunctional thought processing.
- Drug therapy: typical and atypical antipsychotics.
- Cognitive behaviour therapy and family therapy as used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
- Token economies as used in the management of schizophrenia.
- The interactionist approach in explaining and treating schizophrenia; the diathesis-stress model.
Please read the FAQ if you have any queries as most questions are answered there.
This ebook is for your own personal use only and must not be shared, uploaded or any of its contents distributed in any form as it is subject to copyright.