Model Essay Answers and Notes – Forensic Psychology – Paper 3 – AQA Psychology
You’re probably looking at this if you are studying (or teaching) AQA psychology and doing the full A level and forensic psychology is one of your chosen topics for paper 3 (7182). Forensic psychology is one of the bigger topics students can learn as part of paper 3 but still one of the most popular as it was one of my most requested topics from students and teachers.
This ebook covers all the content you need to know for your exams and breaks down all the possible essay questions and provides you with model essay answers for every 16 mark essay question you can be asked. Literally it couldn’t be made any simpler with all the theory (AO1) and evaluation (AO3) nicely broken down for you to use including issues and debates, saving you months from having to create your essays from scratch. The topics included in this ebook are as follows:
- Problems in defining crime
- Ways of measuring crime, including official statistics, victim surveys and offender surveys.
- Offender profiling and the top-down approach. (including organised and disorganised types of offenders)
- Offender profiling and the bottom-up approach (including investigative psychology and geographical profiling)
- Biological explanations of offending behaviour; an historical approach (atavistic form); genetics and neural explanations of offending behaviour.
- Psychological explanations of offending behaviour including;
- Eysenck’s theory of the criminal personality
- Cognitive explanations of offending behaviour; Level of moral reasoning and cognitive distortions, hostile attribution bias and minimalisation
- Differential association theory
- Psychodynamic explanations of offending behaviour
- Dealing with offending behaviour including the aims of custodial sentencing and the psychological effects of custodial sentences.
- Behaviour modification in custody (Token economies)
- Dealing with offending behaviour: Anger Management
- Dealing with offending behaviour: Restorative justice programmes.
This ebook is for your own personal use only and must not be shared, uploaded or any of its contents distributed in any form as it is subject to copyright.