Addiction Predictions 2016 PSYA4
If you’re studying Addiction for PSYA4 and sitting the exams this June 2016- congratulations on choosing possibly the hardest topic for A level psychology. Personally I have no idea why teachers choose this topic as the amount of content you have to learn makes it really stressful. If you find this easy then great but the amount of possible question variations that can be asked really makes this topic a nightmare to prepare for when you compare it to the nice and simple Media psychology topic instead. Just to give you a quick brief of how PSYA4 breaks down;
You have 3 sections in PSYA4 with Section A allowing you to choose one topic from 4 which are Schizophrenia (my favourite), Depression, OCD and phobic disorders. Section B consists of numerous other topics where you need to pick one to answer from about 6 or something (I can’t recall from the top of my head sorry) and most people either choose Media psychology (my favourite topic of all) or Addiction – the other topics tend to be less popular so I won’t name them. Section C is research methods which EVERYONE has to answer.
So yeah this is how PSYA4 breaks down and teachers have a choice on what to teach for sections A and B – Why they choose Addiction over Media psychology for section B is beyond me but hey if you’re reading this you probably fall into the group of students so my prayers and thoughts are with you. Lets hope these predictions help too.
You’re definitely Gonna Need Me A* Essays For Addiction
Addiction is an immense topic to study and I never planned to write an ebook for it because of how stressful I knew it would have been. I got literally hundreds of emails constantly harassing me to write one because students and even teachers found it a nightmare so after spending literally 3 months locked in my room only leaving to eat and use the men’s room – I re-appeared with full facial hair and having completed my Addiction ebook. It has A* grade essays for every possible topic with everything you need to know nicely prepared for you to incorporate as part of your own essays. I don’t really need to highlight how easy it makes this difficult topic so I’m just going to say it can be downloaded by clicking the image on the right – and believe me you’ll need as it’s the most comprehensive resource available for this topic.
Addiction PSYA4 Overview
This table is taken from the specification itself and breaks down exactly what you can be asked questions on. There’s three main chapters which are Models of addictive behaviour which breaks down into about 6 possible essays in this section alone as it wants you to use the models of addictive behaviour (theres 3 of them) to explain either smoking or gambling.
The second chapter is about the vulnerability to addiction and the first section alone breaks down into 4 possible essays you need to know to explain how stress, peers, age and personality are all factors. The second section looks at Media influences on addictive behaviour which is another essay. Right now were already up to about 11 essays approximately already that you need to have a grasp of – and we still have one last chapter of addiction to look at.
The last section looks at reducing addictive behaviour which involved 4 essays in total with 3 being interventions and one being the theory of planned behaviour.
Thats a total of about 15 different essay elements you need to know. Compare that to Media psychology which only requires about 11 which are all really easy in my opinion – its a no brainer why this topic is such a cluster-mind-duck in learning. Thankfully you got me to help you out right?
Lets take a look at my June 2016 predictions which should hopefully make it much easier…hopefully.
My Addiction Predictions For June 2016
To access the predictions, help support Loopa by hitting the LIKE button (while logged into Facebook) to unlock the table and predictions below – if it doesn’t work straight away just hit LIKE/UNLIKE and then LIKE again while waiting a second or two between presses- sometimes it takes a few tries.
Heres my predictions table below (UPDATED):
EDIT – Forgot to factor in the replacement paper so here is the UPDATED predictions table.
So – this looks messy indeed but there’s a few my gut is leaning towards and I’ll try narrow it down as much as I can. The ones I would personally focus and prioritise my revision on are as follows:
- Biological, Psychological and Public health interventions – Interventions are all overdue and only biological interventions appeared in the last exam window as a 4 marker – they did not even appear in the replacement paper either so I think a question on interventions being worth the most (marks wise) is what I would expect going in if AQA want to play nice. Therefore I would prep for all 3 interventions and get a good grasp to answer a question which may want you to outline these 3 or possibly even one of them. Psychological interventions is the most overdue (and my frontrunner from these 3 if I had to choose) but I would recommend learning all 3 going in.
- Media Influences on addictive behaviour – I know it appeared in the last exam window but my gut says it may appear again – reason being because it’s only ever appeared once and that was last year and it wasn’t even in the replacement paper.
- Cognitive approach applied to smoking/gambling – The replacement paper had the learning approach as a 10 marker and last years question was a broad question allowing you to write about all 3 approaches so I think this is a possibility as it’s fairly overdue some focus.
- The theory of planned behaviour – Appeared as a 4 marker in the replacement paper but I think a 10 marker is possible too as technically it wasn’t in last years paper (the original one)
- Risk factors in the development of addiction (STRESS) – A question focusing on stress is more likely if a risk factors question comes up again I think – It will be an application based question as usual which means you need to refer back to the scenario.
These are the ones I would focus the most on – It’s shaved off quite a few essays I would give less focus to personally but if I were revising and prioritising my revision – this is the order I would focus my revision – but learn everything to be safe as always.
So those are my thoughts – what do you think? While your here why not be awesome and follow me on twitter or subscribe to me on Youtube and get more revision help with your psychology course. You can also join over 15k (thousand) students and teachers on the Loopa facebook page here: www.Facebook.com/aqapsychology
More predictions coming soon !