Media Psychology June 2015 Predictions
Next up is my June 2015 predictions for Media Psychology. This is my favourite topic mainly because I found it the easiest out of them all to learn (from both Psya3 and Psya4). Personally if your doing the Addiction topic I think you’re crazy as the level of content you need to know for that is insane – Media psychology is much easier so go with this one if it isn’t too late. Also – if you want A* model essays for every question (which got me 100%) you can download them by clicking the image on the right.
Possible Questions For Media Psychology June 2015
Above you have the Media psychology section for Psya4 taken from the spec itself which outlines all the possible questions that can come up. These won’t be “full essays” unlike in Psychopathology or Psya3 but instead the questions will only ever be up to about 10-12 marks at most (they definitely won’t be bigger than 12 marks).
We take these questions and put them into our June 2015 predictions table to see what has and hasn’t appeared and when:
My predictions table above outlines all the questions which have come up for media psychology, the date and the mark allocation too. Looking at this there’s a few I would keep an eye out for and to make matters more complicated you usually get asked 3 questions so I need to give you a selection of questions which are likely.
Media Psychology June 2015 Predictions (watch the video!)
- The negative effects of video games: hasn’t appeared as a 10 marker since June 2011 so definitely one to watch.
- Psychological explanations for the attraction of celebrity: Has never appeared according to my table? A front-runner along with the negative effects of video-games.
- Explanations for the persuasiveness of television advertising: Last appeared as a 10 marker in June 2012 which makes 4 exam windows since it came up as a bigger essay.
- Evolutionary explanations for the attraction of celebrity: Never appeared as a 10 marker. Its due an appearance soon.
- Application of the Elaboration likelihood model: Appeared as a big question in January 2012 which was 5 exam windows ago. It came up as a small question in the last exam yes but it’s due an appearance as a bigger one once again.
- The Hovland-Yale Model: 3 exam windows since it last appeared.
So thats my predictions!
I hope this helps! If it does SHARE, LIKE and TAG your friends and be sure to follow me on my Facebook study group page and join over 6700 students and teachers and get my other predictions too: www.facebook.com/aqapsychology