Psya3 Sleep & Biological Rhythms Predictions June 2015
Before I do my Psya3 Sleep & Biological June 2015 predictions I just want to make it clear how much I hated this topic. Out of all 3 of my topics for Psya3 – this was by far the one I detested the most. The layout of the topics made it really unfriendly and the sheer amount of possible questions too made things a nightmare to prepare for. If you’re doing this topic you probably know exactly what I’m talking about – It also happens to be the hardest to predict for.
Just a quick recap then – You can get my current set of predictions by checking my latest blog posts here and scrolling down. As always prepare for everything and take what I say with a pinch of salt – I’m not the oracle so if I get these wrong don’t form a mob with pitchforks to hunt me down. If I happen to get these correct however be sure to drop me a message or tweet telling me how great I am – my low self-esteem could do with a boost. (kidding! I’ve got a massive ego! Just ask my wife!…ok bad joke…sorry).
Psya3 Sleep & Biological Rhythms Possible Questions Overview (June 2015)
A table from the specification is below which breaks down what each chapter/topic you are meant to learn. We extract our possible essay questions from this so we can then put them into our predictions table.
For sleep and biological rhythms there is a lot of content – a little more than others in Psya3 and they don’t break down nicely either. This is why I hated this topic. Aggression and Relationships were straight forward and the layout was nice and easy to remember. Unfortunately this is a bit of a mess to learn. I’m not convinced all the questions can be full essays such as Infradian and Ultradian rhythms but they can ask questions that can ask for more than one meaning they can form part of a bigger essay asking for two or more. If you’re struggling with this topic be sure to check out my A* model essays by clicking the image on the right.
Video Explaining My Psya3 Sleep & Bio Rhythms June 2015 Predictions
(Like to unlock the sleep predictions and support Loopa!)
You might want to sit down for this…Looking at the predictions table it suggests down won’t be easy and there is a lot of possible questions you need to prepare yourself for – more than the other topics. I will try and point you towards what I think you should focus your efforts on and theres quite a few…I did mention I hate this topic right? This is exactly why! Theres way too many damn possible combinations for Sleep and bio rhythms!
- Circadian/Infradian or Ultradian Rhythms – A question focusing on rhythms hasn’t appeared since a 4 marker on Ultradian rhythms in June 2012. I don’t believe there is enough information for Infradian or Ultradian individually but I think there is enough for Circadian rhythms. I think a question either asking for Circadian Rhythms is possible as well as one that incorporates more than one rhythm as a broader question – In short learn all 3.
- Endogenous Pacemakers/Exogenous Zeitgebers – A question on endogenous pacemakers appeared in January 2011 as a full essay and this showed us a full essay on this was possible and this was now 6 exam windows ago. No questions focusing on Exogenous Zeitgebers have ever appeared either so these two are both very possible.
- Functions of sleep – Evolutionary Explanations. Appeared over 4 exam windows ago (I sat this exam myself!). It has shown it can be a full essay so can appear again.
- The Nature Of Sleep (Stages of sleep/Lifespan changes in sleep) – A broad question on this is possible I think which requires you to write about the stages and life span changes. I hate this particular topic with a passion but a broad question worth 9 marks appeared in June 2011 which makes it possible for a re-appearance even if its as another 9 marker. A full essay is theoretically possible too.
- Explanations For Sleep Walking: A question on this has never appeared. I’m not entirely sure it can be a full essay on its own but I would prepare myself for this one as well as one other incase another broad question asking for two comes up – this happened 2 exam windows ago in January 2013 targeting Insomnia and Narcolepsy.
This isn’t an easy topic to prepare for due to how many questions are in the realm of possibilities (Theres 13 in total – count them!). Usually you can pick out a few as front-runners but its not so clear in this case and the ones above are the ones I will focus my attention towards.
Hope this helps! If it does be sure to LIKE my Facebook page here to get the rest of my predictions: www.facebook.com/aqapsychology – You can Follow me on twitter too and be sure to TAG your friends.